Thursday, July 10, 2014

GSoC Report #3

Finally I added all planned earlier options to my Banshee's plugin:
  • Empty Album Name - looking for tracks with empty album's name,
  • Missing Artist and Titles Fix - looking for tracks with empty fields Artist and/or Title,
  • Missing Albums Fix - looking for tracks with empty album's name,
  • Missing Most of Metadata Fix - looking for tracks with empty fields: Album, Artist, and Title,
  • Invalid Metadata Fix - looking for tracks with invalid(it means, different from online database) metadata.
All of them, except Empty Album Name, use fingerprints. So that's also the difference between Empty Album Name and Missing Album Fix. The first one uses track title and artist name, so you can't use it for looking track with empty albums and/or titles. The second one can be used even for tracks with no metadata, because it takes fingerprints for searching.

All available options in Metadata Fixer


Changes in code
There was a lot of changes in my source code. Before my GSoC attendance, I haven't so much experience in functional programming, so I wasn't able to use all of advantages, which come from F# language. Fortunatelly, my mentor, Andrés G. Aragoneses, is very helpful, so thanks his few advices, I refactored some pieces of code in my plugin. I hope, my code looks now much better now;)

No comments:

Post a Comment